Dr. Crispin Pierce, environmental public health, is quoted in several recent articles regarding his research of the public health concerns surrounding frac sand mining. See the following stories:
- "Report: Frac sand industry affects lives of thousands who live near mines." Sept. 28 La Crosse Tribune
- Wisconsin, Minnesota ‘Ground Zero’ Today for Hidden Danger of U.S. Fracking Boom 9-27-2014 Sept. 27, Gary Engberg Outdoors website.
- "Wisconsin's sand mining industry poised for growth." Sept. 25, Journal Sentinel Online
- "Rapidly Expanding Frac Sand Mining is Hidden Danger of Fracking Boom in U.S." Sept. 25, Environmental Working Group Newsletter
- "Report looks at growing health threat frac sand mining" Sept. 25, Ohio.com